Welcome UHS Cheer Candidates!
We will have the cheer tryout clinic on Tuesday, September 8th, Wednesday September 9th & Thursday, September 10th from 3:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. and tryouts will be Friday, September 11th during your assigned time. The clinic and tryouts will be held in the Innovation Campus Cafeteria.
What to bring on the 1st day of the tryout clinic (9/8/2020):
- A copy of your last report card that shows yearly grades and current GPA
- The last 4 pages of the tryout packet (parental permission slip, cheerleading application/contract, tryout information sheet and cheerleading program sheet) completed, signed and initialed where appropriate
- $200 deposit (toward the cheer attire cost). The link to pay online is provided below. Be sure to have your receipt with you when you come.
What to wear:
- Soffe or track shorts
- T-shirt (no spaghetti strapped shirts)
- Cheer shoes or sneakers
- Hair pulled up in a ponytail. You can wear a cheer bow, but one is not required.
NO nail polish, NO long nails (athletic cut only), NO jewelry, and NO gum.
FYI: Cougars colors are Navy blue, Vegas gold, and white.
****Please remember that you are tryout out for a position on a UHS cheer team; therefore, it is beneficial to dress the part****
Here is the payment link for the initial cheer payment: https://www.schoolpay.com/pay/for/Cheer/Mdci . Be sure to have a copy of the receipt on your phone or with you when you come to the tryout clinic.
You must have all physical forms, medical history, COVID 19 form, and signatures completed and turned in to our Athletic Trainer, Mrs. Farley and be approved in order to tryout. You can find all those forms on our athletic website: universitycougarathletics.com.